The Legendary Heir: Storm of Ruin & The Witch of Kandrakar
The sky above the deck split with violet lightning, the Annihilation Storm churning the ocean into a frenzy of dark obsidian waves. Rain struck the wood like iron hail, but inside the dim, stone-carved sanctuary of the grand vessel, the air smelled of ozone, old parchment, and brewing chaos.
Standing at the edge of the shadow, the figure spoke in voices layered over one another—cold, ancient, and unyielding.
"Where am I in my den? You summoned me," the voice echoed, vibrating the heavy stone floorboards. "I go by many names. I am Kantelto, removed from his rightful throne. I am the Lord of Purity who tolerates no deviation. I am the timeless one waiting to bring the world to an end... and you are just a pawn in my game."
A dark chuckle rippled through the storm outside.
"It looks like we're approaching the Annihilation Storm," Rick muttered, gripping the ship's massive helm while rain streamed down his leather jacket. He squinted back through the gale, his eyes locking onto two towering silhouettes cutting through the fog. "The rain tells us we're not far away, but it's about to get worse. Two ships approaching from behind—it's Doryus’s raid squad! Their flagship is huge!"
"What, you want to release more prisoners?!" Will Vandom shouted over the howling wind, her pink hair soaked, electricity crackling around her hands as she held the Heart of Kandrakar aloft. "Narissa is stronger than ever! Next time the witch attacks, we're going to need all the help we can get!" She turned back toward the dark doorway, pointing toward the aristocratic figure lurking in the shadows. "I'm safeguarding Prince Phobos—whether he likes it or not!"
Will turned toward the two warriors standing beside her—Haru Glory, his great sword Ten Powers strapped across his back, and Rick, the Star-Racer of Oban, readying the vessel's mystic engine controls.
Prince Phobos stepped forward from the dark, his high collar pristine despite the tempest, his eyes burning with regal contempt.
"I require bodyguards who pack far more mystic might!" Phobos exclaimed, sweeping his long cloak behind him with an icy glare. "I can't believe you have the audacity to call yourselves 'Guardians.' Your plan wasn't working, so I thought of a better one!"
"Watch your tone, Prince," Haru warned, stepping between Phobos and the looming presence of Kantelto, his hand resting firm on the hilt of the Eisenmeteor. "We’ve fought dark lords, witches, and god-like tyrants across five realms to keep this ship afloat. If Doryus and Narissa think they can take this deck, they're about to find out what happens when the Rave Bearer and the Guardians stand together."
"Let them come!" Kantelto’s multi-layered voice boomed, drowning out the thunder as the two monstrous enemy dreadnoughts pulled alongside, grappling hooks crashing onto the deck. "Whether we perish in the Annihilation Storm or crush Doryus where he stands... the purity of the end comes for everyone!"
Comments
Post a Comment